The Sunshine Blogger Award
To my surprise, Glen McKenzie – from the amazing “justabitfurther” weblog about getting outdoor, discovering yourself, and finding inspiration – nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I’m really honoured and thankful to be nominated for this award by Glen.
I shouldn’t be the only one to accept this award, because I get my inspiration from the blogging community – especially my dear readers.
If you are wondering what this all means, the Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers, to other bloggers, who inspire creativity and positivity within the blogging community. It’s a great way to recognise and connect with other bloggers within your niche or the blogging world. Also, it means you spread the word about writers you love with your readers. It’s a win-win for all involved, so let’s spread the sunshine!
Here Are The Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog, so others can find them;
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you;
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions;
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts;
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
11 Questions From Glen McKenzie
1. Why did you get into or what motivated you to start blogging?
In short, my life has gone through some major changes over the years in terms of what I value, what my interests are, what my goals are, who I consider my family and friends, and much more. It’s all a bit ironic. You see, I wasn’t really looking to change myself at all, things just started happening. That’s a nice way to sum up life I suppose.
At the same time, it’s weird: although growing and changing is obviously a good thing, it’s also very confusing because you become a bit of a new person. Unfortunately, people hardly talk about what they are going through and are afraid of it, even though there are so many questions. So, I started to write about my experiences in my blogs, hoping to inspire and change people’s lives for the better.
After giving a lot of thought, I found out that I want to positively influence people who find themselves in a tough transition in their lives through content published on this website. I want this website to be our go-to place when we stand face-to-face with adversity – where we openly share the changes we have been through and going through.
2. What’s your favourite comfort food?
I have to say homemade congee or also called rice porridge, which is a simple classic Asian breakfast dish. I feel nostalgic every time I eat this.
3. What does happiness mean to you?
I believe that “sharing” would be the closest to happiness for me. To share what I have with the people close to me and just have fun by living in the moment. Of course, happiness is not a destination. Happiness is one of those things that requires consistent effort, similar to love or success.
4. What do you do in your spare time (assuming you have any)?
Spend quality time with either family or friends. And sometimes, when I have a bad day, I would lie on the couch and watch movies on Netflix.
5. What do you love most about blogging?
That would be to put my thoughts on paper. It helps me clear my mind and put things in perspective. Sometimes, I have this gut feeling that something I want to do is right, but a gut feeling is just that – a feeling. Once I put it out there, it helps put everything into a relatable context and give me even more reason to trust my gut instincts and carry on with the plan I felt was right all along.
6. What is one random fact about yourself?
I’m scared of spiders. Not phobic, just scared.
7. What is one piece of advice you give other bloggers?
“Stop stopping yourself from doing something great.” We hesitate so much with every single scary, bold, and life-changing decision, it’s becoming a nasty habit. I can’t blame anyone since I was the same, until I learned to take action fast before I talk myself out of it again. So, stop overthinking and start doing.
8. Favourite flavour of ice cream?
9. Do your family or friends know about your blog and what do they think of it?
My close friends know what I’m doing, and they are very supportive. With family, it’s a bit difficult. I haven’t told all family members that I’m blogging, especially the older generation who are having a hard time understanding technology. Some are sceptical while others think it’s cool. I personally don’t talk openly about it with family members, but they do sometimes ask me about how my writing is going.
10. Dogs or cats?
I’m allergic to cats. But I love cats. So, cats.
11. If you could be any superhero, what power would you have and why?
Time travelling would be so awesome! I’m imagining all the disasters I could prevent, but on the other hand, I would not want to mess with causality.
11 Bloggers Who Deserve This Award
- Amira at ASelfGuru.com
- Jeremy at Intentional Husband
- Lauren at Social Media – The L.A. Way
- Talisa at She’s That New Girl
- Joyce at Heavenly Bodies
- Anna at My Tenacious Life
- Brandy at Conquering Relationships
- Michelle at The Perfectly Imperfect Mummy
- Lorraine at Snowboard How
- Matti at Load Last Save
- Peter at The Novel Mindset
11 New Questions For All Nominees To Tackle
- What does success mean to you?
- What was the best phase of your life?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What’s an ideal morning for you?
- What’s the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
- Where is your favourite place in the entire (fantasy) world to go?
- What are your top five favourite movies?
- What’s something you can’t go a day without doing?
- If you could get away with anything that you do?
- What fictional character do you most relate to?
- What is your favourite day of the year?
Thank You Glen!
Again, a big shout out to Glen McKenzie for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Let’s keep this community going and give recognition to many more bloggers.
Would you like to receive my latest blog directly to your inbox?
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Transparency is important, and that is why we want to make clear to our dear readers that this weblog may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a small commission on items sold through this site. There is NO additional cost to you on any of these items. Please see our full Legal & Privacy page for further information.