Blogger Recognition Award
Hello dear bloggers,
I’m honoured to have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by LaRena’s Corner. She is such an inspirational mom. Due to her health condition, she has found a way to make tasty and delicious food without grains, refined sugar and in many cases without dairy.
LaRena shares her amazing recipes on her weblog, so do pay a visit. It will be worth it.
Now, without further ado, let’s do this!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I started My Blog
Before I go to “how,” let me start with “why” I started my blog.
So, in short, my life has gone through some major changes over the years in terms of what I value, what my interests are, what my goals are, who I consider my family and friends, and much more. It’s all a bit ironic. You see, I wasn’t really looking to change myself at all, things just started happening. That’s a nice way to sum up life I suppose.
At the same time, it’s weird. Because although growing and changing is obviously a good thing, it’s also very confusing because you become a bit of a new person. Unfortunately, people hardly talk about what they are going through and are afraid of it, even though there are so many questions. So, I started to write about my experiences in my blogs, hoping to inspire and change people’s lives for the better.
“How” I started was through the Medium platform. I had a rough start because the first three posts didn’t go well. When I posted my fourth one, an online publisher ‘The Startup’ approached me and asked me to write and publish on their platform. From there, things started to kick off. I was gaining followers fast and had a few viral posts.
Then I decided to start my own weblog to share free content on Life & Change, and to become a freelancer in copywriting and ghostwriting.
Soon after that, another online publisher ‘Thought Catalog’ approached me to publish on their platform, which only encourages me to continue blogging.
Advice To New Bloggers
My first advice would be: “Stop overthinking and start doing.” We hesitate so much with every single scary, bold, and life-changing decision, it’s becoming a nasty habit. I can’t blame anyone, because our human brains are simply wired this way, to protect us from harmful experiences. I was the same, until I learned to take action fast before I talk myself out of it again. That’s how I got into The Startup, Thought Catalog, and have a long-term freelance project now. So, stop overthinking and start doing.
My second advice would be: “Let go of perfection, fail sometimes, fail better, become better.” Trying to be perfect is the fear of failing, which forbids us to move forward. It keeps us from doing what we know we should, and it’s usually regarding something life-changing. We are taught that failure is the opposite of success. Well, it’s not — failure is part of success.
Award 15 Other Bloggers
- Lucid Being – Frequency To Empowerment And Happiness
- Perry, MakeItUltra – Psychology to Motivate | Inspire | Uplift
- Happy Work – Finding Happiness in Work!
- Approach with Coffee – Lifestyle – Travel – Mental Health – Food
- Little Gazette – Thoughts on work, home and other projects
- empty nest big world – A budget travel and exploration blog
- Tobie Curtis – Social Media Entrepreneur
- All In My Head – Blog For Business + Earn Money From Your Passion
- Pointless Overthinking – Understanding myself and the world I live in.
- A blog about life and health – By a mom who happens to be a doc with an entrepreneurial spirit
- One Smart Fortunate Cookie – Thinking about life, one fortune cookie at a time.
- wherearemypillows – I could use a good nap.
- The Itinerant – Story telling – Unlocking the imagination – Connecting people to possibilities
- Jessy Lauren – All For That Healthy Life
- Full Metal Momma
Best of luck to everyone!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Transparency is important, and that is why we want to make clear to our dear readers that this weblog may contain affiliate links. This means we earn a small commission on items sold through this site. There is NO additional cost to you on any of these items. Please see our full Legal & Privacy page for further information.